Re: Large (almost 50%!) performance drop after upgrading to 8.4.4?

Greg Smith <greg <at> 2ndquadrant.com> writes:

> Max Williams wrote:
> > Can I just turn this off on 8.4.4 or is it a compile time option
>
> You can update your postgresql.conf to include:
>
> debug_assertions = false
>
> And restart the server.  This will buy you back *some* of the
> performance loss but not all of it.  Will have to wait for corrected
> packaged to make the issue completely go away.

Ah! I am so thankful I found this thread. We've been having the same issues
described here. And when I do a SHOW debug_assertions I get:

postgres=# show debug_assertions;
 debug_assertions
 on
(1 row)

Can you let us know when the corrected packages have become available?

Regards,
John