Re: Query timing increased from 3s to 55s when used as a function instead of select

> I think, your problem is here:
>
> SELECT INTO current_user * FROM
> fn_medirota_validate_rota_master(in_currentuser);
>

> The planner has no knowledge about how many rows this functions returns
> if he don't know the actual parameter. Because of this, this query
> enforce a seq-scan. Try to rewrite that to something like:
>
> execute 'select * from fn_medirota_validate_rota_master(' ||
> in_currentuser' || ')' into current_user

Thanks for your response.  This doesn't seem to solve our issue, unfortunately.

As a side to that, we have the fn_medirota_validate_rota_master calls in a
large amount of our other functions that are running very well.

--
Tyler Hildebrandt
Software Developer

Campbell-Lange Workshop