Re: old server, new server, same performance

Scott Marlowe pisze:

Is one connecting via SSL?  Is this a simple flat switched network, or
are these machines on different segments connected via routers?

SSL is disabled.
It is switched network, all tested computers are in the same segment.

Finally I have switched the production database from old server to new one and strange things happened. The same query on new server I have used before with 30sec results now runs about 9 sec (so the same time as the old production server). Hm...

Is it possible that database under some load performs better because it makes some something that database not used is not doing?

P.