Re: merge join killing performance

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Scott Marlowe wrote:
It's apparently estimating (wrongly) that the merge join won't have to
scan very much of "files" before it can stop because it finds an eid
value larger than any eid in the other table.  So the issue here is an
inexact stats value for the max eid.

I wandered if it could be something like that, but I rejected that idea, as it obviously wasn't the real world case, and statistics should at least get that right, if they are up to date.

I changed stats target to 1000 for that field and still get the bad plan.

What do the stats say the max values are?

Matthew

--
Nog:     Look! They've made me into an ensign!
O'Brien: I didn't know things were going so badly.