Re: 8K recordsize bad on ZFS?

On 05/10/10 20:39, Josh Berkus wrote:
On 5/9/10 1:45 AM, Dimitri wrote:
Josh,

it'll be great if you explain how did you change the records size to
128K? - as this size is assigned on the file creation and cannot be
changed later - I suppose that you made a backup of your data and then
process a full restore.. is it so?

You can change the recordsize of the zpool dynamically, then simply copy
the data directory (with PostgreSQL shut down) to a new directory on
that zpool.  This assumes that you have enough space on the zpool, of
course.

Other things could have influenced your result - 260 MB/s vs 300 MB/s is close enough to be influenced by data position on (some of) the drives. (I'm not saying anything about the original question.)