Re: *** PROBABLY SPAM *** Does the psql executable support a "fetch many" approach when dumping large queries to stdout?

Does the psql executable have any ability to do a "fetch many", using a server-side named cursor, when returning results? It seems like it tries to retrieve the query entirely to local memory before printing to standard out.

I think it grabs the whole result set to calculate the display column widths. I think there is an option to tweak this but don't remember which, have a look at the psql commands (\?), formatting section.