Re: 3ware vs. MegaRAID

Ireneusz Pluta writes:

I am waiting for an ordered machine dedicated to PostgresSQL. It was expected to have 3ware 9650SE 16 port controller. However, the vendor wants to replace this controller with MegaRAID SAS 84016E, because, as

I have had better luck getting 3ware management tools to work on both FreeBSD and Linux than the Megaraid cards.

I also like the 3ware cards can be configured to send out an email in case of problems once you have the monitoring program running.