Re: 10K vs 15k rpm for analytics

Scott Marlowe writes:

While 16x15k older drives doing 500Meg seems only a little slow, the
24x10k drives getting only 400MB/s seems way slow.  I'd expect a
RAID-10 of those to read at somewhere in or just past the gig per

Talked to the vendor. The likely issue is the card. They used a single card with an expander and the card also has an external enclosure through an exterrnal port.

They have some ideas which they are going to test and report back.. since we are in the process of getting 2 more machines from them.

They believe that by splitting the internal drives into one controller and the external into a second controller that performance should go up. They will report back some numbers. Will post them to the list when I get the info.