Re: Multiple data base on same server

On 26/02/10 12:45, elias ghanem wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for your answer,
Concerning the second point, each db have different table that are logically
related (for ex, tables for configuration, tables for business...) plus I'm
planning to put the indexes on their own tablespaces.
Concerning the disks I will maybe stored on multiple disks (but surely not
200-300). So I'm just wondering If this big number of tablespaces on a same
db server may cause problems,

If the tablespaces aren't on different disks, I'm not sure what the point is.

Do you perhaps mean schemas? So you have e.g. a "system" schema with tables "users", "activity_log" etc? There's no problem with 20-30 schemas per database.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd