Re: plpgsql plan cache

I cannot understand why the index is not being used when in the plpgsql function? I even tried to make a test function containing nothing more than the single query. Still the index is not being used. When running the same query in the sql prompt, the index is in use though.

Please post the following :

- EXPLAIN ANALYZE your query directly in psql
- PREPARE testq AS your query
- EXPLAIN ANALYZE EXECUTE testq( your parameters )