Re: Massive table (500M rows) update nightmare

Guys, I want to thank you for all of the advice - my client has just made a surprise announcement that he would like to set start from scratch with a new server, so I am afraid that all of this great advice has to be seen in the context of whatever decision is made on that. I am out there, hat-in-hand, looking for advice under the PERFORM post: "New server to improve performance on our large and busy DB - advice?"

Thanks again!

Carlo

"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:dcc563d11001071740q572cdae2re410788fe790dbf6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Carlo Stonebanks