Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded

+Madison Kelly wrote:
You are right, autovacuum is not running after all. From your comment, I am wondering if you'd recommend I turn it on or not? If so, given that I doubt I will upgrade any time soon, how would I enable it? I suppose I could google that, but google rarely shares gotcha's. :)

Most of the pain of a Postgres upgrade is the dump/reload step.  But you've already had to do that several times, so why the hesitation to upgrade?  Upgrading Postgres to the latest release, even if you have to do it from the source code, takes almost no time at all compared to the time you've already burned trying to solve this problem.  Do the upgrade, you won't regret it.

Craig