Re: RAID card recommendation

Scott Carey wrote:
3ware 95xx and 96xx had performance somewhere between PERC 5 (horrid) and
PERC 6 (mediocre) when I tested them with large SATA drives with RAID 10.
Haven't tried raid 6 or 5.  Haven't tried the "SA" model that supports SAS
The only models I've tested and recommended lately are exactly those though. The 9690SA is the earliest 3ware card I've mentioned as seeming to have reasonable performance. The 95XX cards are certainly much slower than similar models from, say, Areca. I've never had one of the earlier 96XX models to test. Now you've got me wondering what the difference between the earlier and current 96XX models really is.

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  www.2ndQuadrant.com