Re: Postgres query completion status?

Justin Pitts wrote:
Set work_mem in postgresql.conf down to what the 200 clients need, which sounds to me like the default setting.

In the session which needs more work_mem, execute:
SET SESSION work_mem TO '256MB'

Isn't that terribly ugly? It seems to me less hackish to rely on the many clients not to abuse work_mem (as we know exactly what query they will run, we can be sure it won't happen).

It's a shame that the work_mem parameter is a per-client one, rather than a single big pool.

Richard