Re: View based upon function won't use index on joins

20 листопада 2009 р. 17:01 Jonathan Foy <thefoy@xxxxxxxxx> написав:
This seems to result in the same problem; should I attempt to pull for a specific id_nbr/id_qfr, postgres uses the index without a problem. If I try to join the two tables/views however, it insists on doing a sequential scan (actually two in this case) and will not use the index.  Any other ideas/explanations?

Have you tried to do same (join) when not using the viewes or converting columns into records? May be the problem is not in conversion, but in something simplier, like statistics or index bloat?

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn