Re: Weird index or sort behaviour

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
Matthew Wakeling <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
[ discussion about applying materialize to a mergejoin's inner indexscan ]

I have finally gotten round to doing something about this, and applied
the attached patch to CVS HEAD.  Could you test it on your problem case
to see what happens?  If it's not convenient to load your data into
8.5devel, I believe the patch would work all right in 8.4.x.  (A quick
check shows that it applies except for one deletion hunk that has a
conflict due to a comment change; you could easily do that deletion
manually.)

Um, cool. I'm going to have to look back at the archives to even work out what query I was complaining about though. May take a little while to test, but I'll get back to you. Thanks,

Matthew

--
The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location...and i'm not