Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?

On Nov 16, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

I'm not sure what the answer is to your actual question, but I'd
highly recommend upgrading to 8.3 or 8.4.  The performance is likely
to be a lot better, and 8.0/8.1 are no longer supported on Windows.

Ugh, yeah, I'd love to upgrade but the powers that get to make that decision have no interest in upgrading. So I'm stuck on 8.0.4, and since I really don't do the PG support itself, I don't even get to voice much of an opinion (I deal really just with making sure the physical hardware is doing what it needs to do, which is where the disk defrag comes in to play).

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>