Re: limiting performance impact of wal archiving.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Greg Smith <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Given the current quality of Linux code, I hesitate to use anything but ext3
because I consider that just barely reliable enough even as the most popular
filesystem by far.  JFS and XFS have some benefits to them, but none so
compelling to make up for how much less testing they get.  That said, there
seem to be a fair number of people happily running high-performance
PostgreSQL instances on XFS.

I thought the common wisdom was to use ext2 for the WAL, since the WAL is a journal system, and ext3 would essentially be journaling the journal.  Is that not true?

Craig