Regarding facing lot of time Consumed by Socket.Poll()

Hi ,

In my project I use Nhibernate to connect to Postgres.
Currently it is very slow.

I have used Yourkit profiller to get some key informaitons.
In CPU profilling i have analyzed following  things : -
Let me explain one by one : -

1- NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.DoLoad(Type, Object, Object, LockMode, Boolean)

Takes lots of time .

2- Internally it calls thse function i am listing the last stack

NpgsqlConnector.Open()
Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectedState.Startup(NpgsqlConnector)
Npgsql.NpgsqlState.ProcessBackendResponses(NpgsqlConnector)
[Wall Time]  System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Poll(Int32, SelectMode)

Finally in last the socket.poll takes most of the time .

I want to know the probably causes of the socket.poll() consumes allot of time .

Please help me out to know the places why in DoLoad,DoLoadByClass and Socket.Poll is taking lot of time .

What are the scenario in which it might be getting slow down , Which i need to look .

--
Thanks,
Keshav Upadhyaya