Re: sequential scan on child partition tables

Anj Adu <fotographs@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This query is doing a sequential scan on the child partitions even
> though indexes on all constrained columns are present

It looks to me like it's doing exactly what it is supposed to, ie,
indexscan on the partitions where it would help and seqscans on the
partitions where it wouldn't.  Indexscan is not better than seqscan
for retrieving all or most of a table.

			regards, tom lane