Re: Best suiting OS

Claus Guttesen <kometen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=13001+0+current/freebsd-performance

Not being particularly passionate about any OS, I've been intrigued by
the FreeBSD benchmarks.  However, management is reluctant to use boxes
which don't have heavily-advertised decals on the front.  At the
moment they're going with IBM X-series boxes, and FreeBSD isn't
supported, so we'd be on our own.  Has anyone had any experience with
this combination?  (In particular, our biggest machines are x3850 M2
boxes.)

Oh, and of course I dispute the supremacy of vim as an editor -- why
use that when you've got "ed"?  ;-)

-Kevin