Re: Number of tables

Greg Stark wrote:
You may
not expect to be need to run queries which combine multiple users'
data now but you will eventually.

We store cross-user data in a separate schema, which solves all *our* problems.

This doesn't work so great when each user is going to be specifying
their own custom schema on the fly

This works fine, at least we didn't encounter any issues with that.

but that's not really what
relational databases were designed for.

Sometimes you have to.. you know, unusual things to meet some specific requirements, like independent user schemas. It's not a conventional web app we run :-)

I'm not arguing this is a bit extremal approach, but if one is forced to go this path, it's quite walkable ;-)

Mike