Re: postgresql and syslog

we have actually gone the opposite way and switched to using syslog
for logging purposes some time ago, with no performance issues.

syslog files are easily read by a lot of applications out there. We have
been using rsyslog for aggregating logs from multiple servers, splunk
for analysis purposes and pgfouine for routine reports.

I would be very surprised if logging had a significant overhead any method
you choose. there's probably something very wrong with your setup if this
is the case.

just another dimension, Michael