Re: XMLPARSE() evaluated multiple times?

Tim Landscheidt <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It seems that XMLPARSE() is called for every row without
> PostgreSQL realizing that it is IMMUTABLE.

Indeed, the system doesn't consider it immutable.  None of the examples
you show would benefit if it did, though.

I believe there are GUC-parameter dependencies that prevent us from
treating it as truly immutable, but if you want to ignore that
consideration and force constant-folding anyway, you could wrap it
in a SQL function that's marked as IMMUTABLE.

			regards, tom lane