Re: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.

Hartman, Matthew wrote:
I'm pretty much at that point where I've chewed the fat off of the
algorithm, or at least at my personal limits. Occasionally a new idea
pops into my head and yields an improvement but it's in the order of
100-250ms.

Google came back with "no sir". It seems PostgreSQL is limited to one
CPU per query unless I spawn a master/controller like you suggested.
Shame..

Although I have never done it myself, you might try using PL/R to perform the algo in R, and make use of snow package to run parallel tasks -- see:
  http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/HighPerformanceComputing.html

Joe