Re: PostgreSQL with PostGIS on embedded hardware

They didn't give me complete information, but it should be some kind of industrial PC with a 600MHz CPU. Memory should be not huge nor small, maybe a couple of GBytes, hard disk should be some type of industrial Compact Flash of maybe 16 GBytes.

	It should work perfectly OK.

Remember that you need a fast CPU if you have a database server that processes many queries from many users simultaneously. Since your "server" will process very few queries (maybe one per second, something like that) even a slow (by modern standards) 600 MHz CPU will be more than enough... I'd say for such an application, your hardware is way overkill (it would work on a smartphone...) but since hardware is so cheap...