Re: partition question for new server setup

Thanks, Scott.

> I went with ext3 for the OS -- it makes Ops feel a lot better. ext2 for a
> separate xlogs partition, and xfs for the data.
> ext2's drawbacks are not relevant for a small partition with just xlog data,
> but are a problem for the OS.

Can you suggest an appropriate size for the xlogs partition?  These
files are controlled by checkpoint_segments, is that correct?

We have checkpoint_segments set to 500 in the current setup, which is
about 8GB.  So 10 to 15 GB xlogs partition?  Is that reasonable?

-Whit