Re: INSERT times - same storage space but more fields -> much slower inserts

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Stephen Frost wrote:
Bacula should be using COPY for the batch data loads, so hopefully won't
suffer too much from having the fields split out.  I think it would be
interesting to try doing PQexecPrepared with binary-format data instead
of using COPY though.  I'd be happy to help you implement a test setup
for doing that, if you'd like.

You can always do binary-format COPY.

Matthew

--
An ant doesn't have a lot of processing power available to it. I'm not trying
to be speciesist - I wouldn't want to detract you from such a wonderful