Re: Postgres 8.x on Windows Server in production

Hi all,

First, thank you all for your answers.

Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:
Give it a try, and please tell us what sort of application you want to
put on it.

It is a student database for the college which is a client of ours. The size of the database should be around 1GB, half being binary data (images). Not more than 100 users at the time will be working with the application.

I don't worry about the performance, but more about the maintenance under Windows. What file system to use? How to schedule vacuuming and backup? Are there any windows services that should be turned off? Those questions come to my mind when I consider new OS for the RDBMS.

Regards,
Ognjen