Re: plpgsql arrays

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
... alternatively is there a way to read two results streams
simultaneously?

Use two cursors and FETCH from each as needed?  In recent releases you
can even scroll backwards, which you're going to need to do to make
a merge join work.

What would be the syntax for putting a single row from a cursor into a variable? I have tried:

FETCH INTO left left_cursor;

which says syntax error, and

left = FETCH left_cursor;

which gives the error 'ERROR:  missing datatype declaration at or near "="'

Matthew

--
I've run DOOM more in the last few days than I have the last few
months.  I just love debugging ;-)  -- Linus Torvalds