Re: Best replication solution?

I'm currently running 32bit FreeBSD so I can't really add more ram (PAE doesn't work well under FreeBSD from what I've read) and there are enough writes that more ram won't solve the problem completely.

However I will add plenty more ram next time I rebuild it.

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Lists wrote:
Server is a dual core xeon 3GB ram and 2 mirrors of 15k SAS drives (1 for most data, 1 for wal and a few tables and indexes)

In total all databases on the server are about 10G on disk (about 2GB in pgdump format).

I'd suggest buying as much RAM as you can fit into the server. RAM is cheap, and with a database of that size more cache could have a dramatic effect.