Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels

On 4/4/09 9:07 AM, Greg Smith wrote:
On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Kevin Grittner wrote:

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

On this benchmark 2.6.25 is the worst kernel yet:

I don't remember seeing a follow-up on this issue from last year.
Are there still any particular kernels to avoid based on this?

I just discovered something really fascinating here. The problem is
strictly limited to when you're connecting via Unix-domain sockets; use
TCP/IP instead, and it goes away.

Have you sent this to any Linux kernel engineers? My experience is that they're fairly responsive to this sort of thing.

--Josh