Re: plpgsql arrays

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Robert Haas wrote:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Matthew Wakeling <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm writing a plpgsql function that effectively does a merge join on the
results of two queries.

Why not just use SQL to do the join?

Because the merge condition is:

WHERE l1.start <= l2.end AND l2.start <= l1.end

and merge joins in postgres only currently cope with the case where the merge condition is an equals relationship.

Oh, hang on, I think I saw something in the docs about what conditions can be used in a merge...

Matthew

--
Let's say I go into a field and I hear "baa baa baa". Now, how do I work out whether that was "baa" followed by "baa baa", or if it was "baa baa"
followed by "baa"?