Re: I have a fusion IO drive available for testing

On Mar 27, 2009, at 1:30 PM, david@xxxxxxx wrote:

for the WAL you definantly don't need the journal, for the data I'm not sure. I believe that postgres does appropriate fsync calls so is safe on a non-journaling filesystem. the fusionIO devices are small enough that a fsync on them does not take that long, so it may not be worth the overhead of the journaling.

The win for the journal on the heap is simply so you don't need to spend $longtime fsck'ing if you crash, etc.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/