Re: current transaction in productive database

On Mar 20, 2009, at 5:26 AM, ml@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello List,

is there a way to find out, how many transactions my currenc productive database is doing?

I know know how much i an offer with my new database and hardware, but i would also like to know what i actually _need_ on my current productive system.

Is there a way to find this out?

Are you looking to see how many transactions per second or more how many transactions concurrently at a given time?

For the former you can use pgspy (its on pgfoundry) to get an idea of queries per second coming in.

For the latter, just select * from pg_stat_activity where current_query <> '<IDLE>';

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuarthamm.net/