Re: Abnormal performance difference between Postgres and MySQL

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please note that this (1792MB) is the highest that I could set for work_mem.

Yeah, that's almost certainly part of your problem.

You need to make that number MUCH smaller.  You probably want a value
like 1MB or 5MB or maybe if you have really a lot of memory 20MB.

That's insanely high.

...Robert

Initially, it was the default value (32MB). Later I played with that value thinking that it might improve the performance. But all the values resulted in same amount of time.

--
Mohammad Farhan Husain
Research Assistant