Re: query slow only after reboot

Wei Yan wrote:
Hi:

Our queries are extremely slow only after db server reboot, not after restart postgres db only. The difference is about 10 mins vs. 8 secs. Not acceptable. I have browsed around , set the postgres db parameters as suggested. Still the same.

Any suggestion on how to tackle the problem?

What OS, amount of RAM, DB size...?

If the queries get progressively faster as you use the system then slow again after a reboot, my initial guess would be that you are getting more and more disk-cache hits the longer you use the system.

Cheers,
Steve