Re: suggestions for postgresql setup on Dell 2950 , PERC6i controller

--- On Fri, 6/2/09, Bruce Momjian <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stupid question, but why do people bother with the Perc
> line of cards if
> the LSI brand is better?  It seems the headache of trying
> to get the
> Perc cards to perform is not worth any money saved.

I think in most cases the dell cards actually cost more, people end up stuck with them because they come bundled with their servers - they find out too late that they've got a lemon.

Up until recently those in charge of buying hardware where I work insisted everything be supplied from dell. Fortunately that policy is no more; I have enough paperweights.