Re: strange index performance?

Scott Marlowe wrote:
On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Thomas Finneid <tfinneid@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Is this table constantly growing, or is it at a stable plateu?  I'd
assume a constantly growing table, or one with bloat problems would
get slower over time.  About how many rows does this table have?

The table is constantly growing, by 20000 rows per second.
I did a test with an index for all id fields, and the insert time is constant for every insert up to 1.2 billion rows. Then I stopped the test because I didn't have more disk space allocated.

regards

thomas