Re: understanding postgres issues/bottlenecks

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Luke Lonergan <LLonergan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not to mention the #1 cause of server faults in my experience: OS kernel bug causes a crash.  Battery backup doesn't help you much there.

I've been using pgsql since way back, in a lot of projects, and almost
almost of them on some flavor of linux, usually redhat.  I have had
zero kernel crashes on production dbs in that time.  I'd be interested
to know which historic kernels caused you the crashes.