Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5

On Dec 20, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Gregory Stark wrote:

"Mark Wong" <markwkm@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

To recap, dbt2 is a fair-use derivative of the TPC-C benchmark.  We
are using a 1000 warehouse database, which amounts to about 100GB of
raw text data.

Really? Do you get conforming results with 1,000 warehouses? What's the 95th
percentile response time?

No, the results are not conforming. You and others have pointed that out already. The 95th percentile response time are calculated on each page of the previous links.

I find your questions a little odd for the input I'm asking for. Are you under the impression we are trying to publish benchmarking results? Perhaps this is a simple misunderstanding?

Regards,
Mark