Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?

> > strange values. An individual drive is capable of delivering 91
> > MB/sec
>
> > sequential read performance, and we get values ~102MB/sec out of a
> > 8-drive RAID5, seems to be ridiculous slow.

What command are you using to test the reads?

Some recommendations to try:

1) /sbin/blockdev --setra 2048 device (where device is the partition or LVM
volume)

2) Use XFS, and make sure your stripe settings match the RAID.

Having said that, 102MB/sec sounds really low for any modern controller with
8 drives, regardless of tuning or filesystem choice.

--
Corporations will ingest natural resources and defecate garbage until all
resources are depleted, debt can no longer be repaid and our money becomes