Re: Sort causes system to freeze

Maybe this is an obviously dumb thing to do, but it looked reasonable to
me.

Looks reasonable here too - except I'm not sure what I'd do with 2
million rows of sorted table in my console. I'm guessing you're piping
the output into something.

	Probably it's psql that is choking from buffering the rows.
If you want to fetch that huge amount of data into a user application, a CURSOR is the best way to do so.