Re: Hash join on int takes 8..114 seconds

On Friday 21 November 2008, "Andrus" <kobruleht2@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Those commands cause server probably to stop responding to other client
> like vacuum full pg_shdepend
> did.
>
> Should vacuum_cost_delay = 2000 allow other users to work when running
> those commands ?

Any vacuum full or cluster will lock out other clients. A high
vacuum_cost_delay will just make the vacuum run slower.

--
Corporations will ingest natural resources and defecate garbage until all
resources are depleted, debt can no longer be repaid and our money becomes