Re: Effects of setting linux block device readahead size

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Alan Hodgson wrote:

On Thursday 11 September 2008, david@xxxxxxx wrote:
while I agree with you in theory, in practice I've seen multiple
partitions cause far more problems than they have prevented (due to the
partitions ending up not being large enough and having to be resized
after they fill up, etc) so I tend to go in the direction of a few large
partitions.

I used to feel this way until LVM became usable. LVM plus online resizable
filesystems really makes multiple partitions manageable.

won't the fragmentation of your filesystem across the different LVM segments hurt you?

David Lang