Re: Choosing a filesystem

Laszlo Nagy wrote:
I cannot spend more money on this computer, but since you are all talking about battery back up, I'll try to get money from the management and buy this:

Intel® RAID Smart Battery AXXRSBBU3, optional battery back up for use with AXXRAK18E and SRCSAS144E. RoHS Complaint.

The battery-backup is really important.  You'd be better off to drop down to 8 disks in a RAID 1+0 and put everything on it, if that meant you could use the savings to get the battery-backed RAID controller.  The performance improvement of a BB cache is amazing.

Based on advice from this group, configured our systems with a single 8-disk RAID 1+0 with a battery-backed cache.  It holds the OS, WAL and database, and it is VERY fast.  We're very happy with it.

Craig