Re: slow update of index during insert/copy

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Scott Carey wrote:
Thanks for the info on the patch to support it -- however the versions posted there are rather old...

Over here, we're using an extremely old patched version of the JDBC driver. That's the patch I sent to some mailing list a couple of years ago. It works very well, but I would be very eager to see the COPY support make it to the mainstream driver with a consistent interface.

On the performance impact of using COPY instead of INSERT.

Over here, we use the binary form of COPY, and it is *really* fast. It's quite easy to saturate the discs.

Matthew

--
Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be
very selective about who its friends are.                 -- Kyle Hearn