Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?

Hi there,

I've been toying with using PostgreSQL for some of my Drupal sites for some time, and after his session at OpenSourceDays in Copenhagen last weekend, Magnus Hagander told me that there a quite a few in the PostgreSQL community using Drupal.

I have been testing it a bit performance-wise, and the numbers are worrying. In my test, MySQL (using InnoDB) had a 40% lead in performance, but I'm unsure whether this is indicative for PostgreSQL performance in general or perhaps a misconfiguration on my part.

In any case, if anyone has any tips, input, etc. on how best to configure PostgreSQL for Drupal, or can find a way to poke holes in my analysis, I would love to hear your insights :)

The performance test results can be found on my blog: http://mikkel.hoegh.org/blog/2008/drupal_database_performance_mysql_and_postgresql_compared
--
Kind regards,

Mikkel Høgh <mikkel@xxxxxxxxx>