Re: Is there a way to SubPartition?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Jerry Champlin wrote:
After it's a day old, there are no longer any updates or inserts and we can vacuum it at that point.

A pattern that has worked very well for other people is to have two separate tables (or partitions). One contains today's data, and the other contains historic data that is no longer updated. Once a day, transfer the data between the partitions, and the historic data partition will not need vacuuming.

Some changes to your code will be needed however.

Matthew

--
Vacuums are nothings. We only mention them to let them know we know
they're there.