Big delete on big table... now what?

Hi list.

I have a table with over 30 million rows. Performance was dropping steadily
so I moved old data not needed online to an historic table. Now the table
has about 14 million rows. I don't need the disk space returned to the OS
but I do need to improve performance. Will a plain vacuum do or is a vacuum
full necessary?
¿Would a vacuum full improve performance at all?

Thanks for your hindsight.
Regards,

Fernando.